TRANSMISSION ENGINEER (SPRINGFIELD, MO)
TOTH & Associates, Inc. is hiring an Electrical Engineer with Transmission Experience. The Transmission Engineer will coordinate design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion.
The candidate will have a thorough knowledge of Transmission Line Engineering, including conductors, hardware, insulation, structures, foundations, electrical principles, and fiber optic hardware. Candidate should be self-sufficient at performing all design aspects required to complete design of a transmission or distribution line in accordance with all applicable codes and standards, including all policies and procedures, such as Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance, and Quality Control.
- BSCE or BSEE from an ABET-accredited engineering program is required
- 3+ years of experience in line design experience
- High Voltage transmission line design experience, 69kV to 230kV
- Solid working knowledge of the PLS-CADD suite of design software tools and well-versed in the design of wood & steel structures
- EIT certification
- PE license or able to obtain a PE license within 6 months of hire
- Proficiency with the following programs: PLS-CADD Suite, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (especially Excel and MS Project)
- Proficiency in writing and providing support documentation for engineering calculations; review & design power transmission lines facilities per applicable codes, standards, and specifications
- Follow industry-best practices
- Write project proposals, validate details, estimation, tracking
- Review/perform design calculations verifying electrical clearances
- Ability to prepare procurement packages for engineered steel poles and review applicable vendor calculations and shop drawings
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints
- Experience tracking project information such as schedules and expenditures against budgets, preparing status reports and client interface
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
Employees and their families are at the heart of Toth and Associates’ benefits package. Health and financial wellness needs are supported, as well as the promotion of a positive work-life balance, through benefits, paid time off, and a flexible work arrangement.
- Competitive compensation: An avenue through which TOTH reflects its commitment to the welfare of its employees is by offering competitive earnings. Rewarding employees with competitive compensation for all positions and skill levels is essential to TOTH.
- Bonus program: Discretionary bonuses are a form of appreciation expressed by TOTH for an employee’s performance. Dedicated employees strengthen the company.
- Flexible work arrangement: To assist employees in meeting life’s demands, most positions offer the flexibility for an employee to establish a routine work schedule. Furthermore, missed time for tending to personal matters can be accommodated by working those hours elsewhere in the week rather than using a paid time off option.
- Vacation, sick, and holiday time off: Work-life balance is encouraged. Time off for vacation, illnesses, and holidays is issued to support family, personal interests, and social or leisure activities.
- 401(k): TOTH recognizes the importance of preparing for the future. Committed to financial preparedness, TOTH’s 401(k) plan offers pre-tax contributions and post-tax Roth contributions deferred through payroll deduction. TOTH provides 3% of earnings via Safe Harbor contributions that are 100% vested, and in addition, provides discretionary profit sharing and matching contributions into employees’ retirement plans.
- Medical: TOTH understands the value of health care coverage. To meet the needs of employees and their families, 3 coverage options are available. TOTH pays a significant portion of the premiums for all covered individuals, including paying 100% for an employee-only level.
- Dental: Overall health and wellness are enhanced through the offering of dental insurance. By providing 2 plan options, there is flexibility for employees to select the option best suited for them and for their families. TOTH pays 100% of a designated employee-only plan and shares the premium cost for all other coverage levels.
- Vision: Receive valuable eye care for a full range of services and products through a national leader of vision benefits. A nationwide network provides convenience in locating a provider near your home, workplace, or when traveling.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Utilize tax-free dollars on out-of-pocket costs for qualified health, dental, vision, prescription, or dependent care expenses. Experience the convenience of a debit card to pay for expenses.
- Cell phone package: TOTH subsidizes the cost of a cell phone and pays for specified accessories associated with the phone. Employees joining the business’ cell phone plan also experience savings by eliminating the expense of a personal line.
- Life/AD&D: An important provision for every family, life insurance offers coverage levels for self, spouse, and children. Accidental death and dismemberment are included automatically with elected life insurance coverage.
- Short-term disability: Collect income protection benefits if you are disabled short-term. Deductions are withheld on a post-tax basis, allowing the income replacement payments to be issued tax-free, giving you the maximum benefit when you need it most.
- Long-term disability: Collect income protection benefits if you are disabled long-term. Just as with short-term disability, deductions are withheld on a post-tax basis, allowing the income replacement payments to be issued tax-free, affording you the maximum benefit when you need it most.
- Education assistance: TOTH believes in the worth of knowledge. Employees pursuing education in their field of work are offered tuition assistance.
TOTH and Associates, Inc. (TOTH) was incorporated in December 2003 as a full-service engineering firm specializing in electric utility engineering, structural engineering, civil engineering, land surveying, and GIS/mapping. We serve a wide range of clients, including small cooperatives to large G&T’s, public & investor-owned utilities, municipalities, architects, and educational institutions across the country. No job is too large or small.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
TOTH provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, training, or other aspects of employment.