DISTRIBUTION LINE STAKING TECHNICIAN (PORTLAND & HERMISTON, OR)
TOTH & Associates has an immediate opening for a Distribution Line Staking Technician for electric utility operations. This position will be responsible for staking electrical distribution lines in accordance with the client’s specifications and standards. The job description is general in nature, not an exclusive list of all job duties. An employee may be assigned other duties as directed by Supervisor or Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform power line assessment activities and engineering field operations required to support the design, construction, review, maintenance and accounting of overhead & underground electrical distribution facilities
- Develop proposed distribution line extension and/or upgrade, create electronic staking sheets, and perform ROW flagging/field staking of line necessary to provide the requested service
- Perform ROW field investigations, easement research, and related support as needed
- Complete internal work order final reviews and assists engineering consultant reviewers with RUS Form 219 work order reviews
- Perform system reviews, which will include examination/documentation of pole-line condition, asset inventory, GPS data collection, pole tagging, joint use contacts, and ROW condition assessment
- Maintain confidential information
- Minimum 5 years of experience is required
- Familiarity with GPS, total station, and other survey equipment
- Must be able to understand GIS mapping terminology and surveying concepts
- Must be able to interpret system maps, engineering drawings, and staking sheets
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn other software programs as needed
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and apply basic computer, technical, and mathematical skills
- Must be able to operate, maintain, and safeguard expensive engineering tools and field equipment such GPS unit, transit, laser range finder, soil resistivity tester, ground resistance tester, and range poles
- Knowledge of RUS specifications, assemblies, and NISC is preferred
Employees and their families are at the heart of Toth and Associates’ benefits package. Health and financial wellness needs are supported, as well as the promotion of a positive work-life balance, through benefits, paid time off, and a flexible work arrangement.
- Competitive compensation: An avenue through which TOTH reflects its commitment to the welfare of its employees is by offering competitive earnings. Rewarding employees with competitive compensation for all positions and skill levels is essential to TOTH.
- Bonus program: Discretionary bonuses are a form of appreciation expressed by TOTH for an employee’s performance. Dedicated employees strengthen the company.
- Flexible work arrangement: To assist employees in meeting life’s demands, most positions offer the flexibility for an employee to establish a routine work schedule. Furthermore, missed time for tending to personal matters can be accommodated by working those hours elsewhere in the week rather than using a paid time off option.
- Vacation, sick, and holiday time off: Work-life balance is encouraged. Time off for vacation, illnesses, and holidays is issued to support family, personal interests, and social or leisure activities.
- 401(k): TOTH recognizes the importance of preparing for the future. Committed to financial preparedness, TOTH’s 401(k) plan offers pre-tax contributions and post-tax Roth contributions deferred through payroll deduction. TOTH provides 3% of earnings via Safe Harbor contributions that are 100% vested, and in addition, provides discretionary profit sharing and matching contributions into employees’ retirement plans.
- Medical: TOTH understands the value of health care coverage. To meet the needs of employees and their families, 3 coverage options are available. TOTH pays a significant portion of the premiums for all covered individuals, including paying 100% for an employee-only level.
- Dental: Overall health and wellness are enhanced through the offering of dental insurance. By providing 2 plan options, there is flexibility for employees to select the option best suited for them and for their families. TOTH pays 100% of a designated employee-only plan and shares the premium cost for all other coverage levels.
- Vision: Receive valuable eye care for a full range of services and products through a national leader of vision benefits. A nationwide network provides convenience in locating a provider near your home, workplace, or when traveling.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Utilize tax-free dollars on out-of-pocket costs for qualified health, dental, vision, prescription, or dependent care expenses. Experience the convenience of a debit card to pay for expenses.
- Cell phone package: TOTH subsidizes the cost of a cell phone and pays for specified accessories associated with the phone. Employees joining the business’ cell phone plan also experience savings by eliminating the expense of a personal line.
- Life/AD&D: An important provision for every family, life insurance offers coverage levels for self, spouse, and children. Accidental death and dismemberment are included automatically with elected life insurance coverage.
- Short-term disability: Collect income protection benefits if you are disabled short-term. Deductions are withheld on a post-tax basis, allowing the income replacement payments to be issued tax-free, giving you the maximum benefit when you need it most.
- Long-term disability: Collect income protection benefits if you are disabled long-term. Just as with short-term disability, deductions are withheld on a post-tax basis, allowing the income replacement payments to be issued tax-free, affording you the maximum benefit when you need it most.
- Education assistance: TOTH believes in the worth of knowledge. Employees pursuing education in their field of work are offered tuition assistance.
TOTH and Associates, Inc. (TOTH) was incorporated in December 2003 as a full-service engineering firm specializing in electric utility engineering, structural engineering, civil engineering, land surveying, and GIS/mapping. We serve a wide range of clients, including small cooperatives to large G&T’s, public & investor-owned utilities, municipalities, architects, and educational institutions across the country. No job is too large or small.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
TOTH provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, training, or other aspects of employment.