TOTH is seeking a top-performing, experienced Structural Engineer to join our multi-disciplined design engineering team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Act as lead Responsible Engineer and Engineer of Record for projects
- Perform hand calculations applying proficiency in civil/structural codes and standards such as AISC, ACI, ASCE 113, CBC, IEEE, NESC and others
- Structural design and analysis of anchorage, steel structures and steel connections, using RISA-3D or equivalent, and concrete foundations using industry standard applications or in-house design programs
- Preparation of construction drawings and specifications
- Quantity estimation for construction bid preparation for substation and transmission facilities
- Work with a multi-discipline team to deliver reliable design of structural components of substation and transmission facilities in accordance with industry codes and standards
- Perform structural engineering quality reviews of peers and/or sub-consultants
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with Clients
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering from accredited program
- Successful completion of PE exam
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Can work effectively in a team environment and/or individually
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to formulate new and different approaches to challenges and problems encountered
- Ability to clearly summarize observations, conclusions and work requirements in both text and drawings
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
Preferred Qualifications/Additional Useful Skills:
- Passage of NCEES SE exam or equivalent
- Design experience of electric substation structures and/or electric transmission structures
- Transmission lattice tower design experience
- Master’s degree in civil/structural engineering
- Paid vacation
- Medical Insurance
- Sick Leave
TOTH is a full-service engineering firm specializing in electric utility engineering, structural engineering, civil engineering, land surveying, and GIS/mapping. We serve a wide range of clients, including public and private utilities, municipalities, architects, and educational institutions across the country.
Here staff members are more than just employees. Our leadership lives by the idea that employees should be treated like family, and our functionality shows that. With a company that has its clients and employees at the forefront of decision making; a rewarding, innovative and growing company is sure to exist, which occurs at TOTH.
We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an enjoyable work environment. TOTH employees have a rewarding career at every level.